If the machines you wish to deploy to have the Windows Firewall enabled you need to allow WMI by doing the following:
- Create a new or edit an existing Group Policy
- Navigate to Computer Configuration –> Policies –> Windows Settings –> Security Settings –> Windows Firewall with Advanced Security / Windows Defender with Advanced Security –> Windows Firewall with Advanced Security / Windows Defender with Advanced Security — > Inbound Rules
- Right-click the right hand pane and click New Rule
- Select Predefined and select Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) from the list and click Next
- Click Next then Finish
- Edit each rule, select the Advanced tab and deselect Private and Public profiles so it only allows WMI when on the domain network
- Please add more restrictions to these rules if required. For example it is possible to allow WMI only from your server IP range if required.